Sunday, July 25, 2010

Lots of support

I'm feeling the love! I've gotten a lot of support from my friends. I posted my thoughts about going natural on Facebook and I had an out pour of from new, old and current friends! I've received calls, emails, and many friends that I run into all asking me about my journey and sharing their stories with me! It has been really encouraging! Thank you all!



So I thought I'd post a pic of my current hair length. This was when I flat ironed it last week. I don't know what my length goal is right now, because I know with this transition, I may do a LOT of trimming. We'll just see how it goes for now.
Saturday I washed and deep conditioned my hair and tried to two strand twist it for the first time. It felt like it took forever!!! I twisted, then undid it and twisted again and again. I decided to let it air dry so I took it out Sunday morning before church and WHEW!!!!!! Wasn't what I expected at ALL!!!!! I thought I'd be able to wear it out and crinkly but yeah, that wasn't working. I had to pull it back in a sort of half up, half down due that I usually do with my roller-sets. I thought about posting a pic, but I don't like it so No pic. :-)
I just finished re-twisting my hair and I actually think I'm getting the hang of twisting it. Practice makes perfect!

Schooling You:

I started looking at my ends to see if I have any that are split. I look often because this can also be a major problem with chemically processed hair. I really wish i had a microscope so that I could examine my hair at like 10,000 times zoom!!!! I started looking it up and you get split ends when the protective cuticle has been stripped away from the ends of hair fiber. The picture is of a strand of hair that is damaged by chemicals. Picture from chicagonow.com.

Things that cause split ends:
Excessive heat from curling irons or hair dryers
Coloring products
Relaxers
Not enough moisture

I'm guilty 3 of the 4 things listed and plan to TRY TRY TRY to moisturize my hair. I'm now in search of a daily moisturizer that I can use that will not be too greasy but will keep my conditioned! Those are my ends below. They need help but they aren't split :)
I will let you know what daily moisturizer I end up trying. Ta Ta For Now.


3 comments:

  1. I'm lovin' your blog posts, sis! Keep it up! You did a great job with the flat iron!!!! pretty hair!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had to post again...the word verification for the last post was ENCOR --- right on! I am giving you an encore alright....keep the post coming!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL Thanks Yode!!! I will try to share whatever I learn!

    ReplyDelete